Apr 23, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Only nine teams are left in the playoff race in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight in Washington, ninth-place Winnipeg can move into the No. 3 seed with a regulation victory over the Southeast Division-leading Capitals. A regulation loss and the Jets would need a lot of help to even make the postseason.
So yeah, it’s a pretty big game.
“I think it’s been circled on our calendar for a long time now,” Jets captain Andrew Ladd said last night after a 2-1 victory over the Sabres. “We wanted to put ourselves in a position where tomorrow’s going to be a meaningful game, and we’ve done that. So here it is.”
Here’s how it looks at Sports Club Stats:
The Rangers and Islanders are also in action tonight. The former is in Florida; the latter in Carolina.
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators have to wait until Thursday’s game in Washington before they get back at it. The Sens have lost two straight in regulation and finish with the Caps, Flyers (at home) and Bruins (in Boston).
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 4
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)