Apr 23, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Only nine teams are left in the playoff race in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight in Washington, ninth-place Winnipeg can move into the No. 3 seed with a regulation victory over the Southeast Division-leading Capitals. A regulation loss and the Jets would need a lot of help to even make the postseason.
So yeah, it’s a pretty big game.
“I think it’s been circled on our calendar for a long time now,” Jets captain Andrew Ladd said last night after a 2-1 victory over the Sabres. “We wanted to put ourselves in a position where tomorrow’s going to be a meaningful game, and we’ve done that. So here it is.”
Here’s how it looks at Sports Club Stats:
The Rangers and Islanders are also in action tonight. The former is in Florida; the latter in Carolina.
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators have to wait until Thursday’s game in Washington before they get back at it. The Sens have lost two straight in regulation and finish with the Caps, Flyers (at home) and Bruins (in Boston).
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)