Apr 23, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Only nine teams are left in the playoff race in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight in Washington, ninth-place Winnipeg can move into the No. 3 seed with a regulation victory over the Southeast Division-leading Capitals. A regulation loss and the Jets would need a lot of help to even make the postseason.
So yeah, it’s a pretty big game.
“I think it’s been circled on our calendar for a long time now,” Jets captain Andrew Ladd said last night after a 2-1 victory over the Sabres. “We wanted to put ourselves in a position where tomorrow’s going to be a meaningful game, and we’ve done that. So here it is.”
Here’s how it looks at Sports Club Stats:
The Rangers and Islanders are also in action tonight. The former is in Florida; the latter in Carolina.
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators have to wait until Thursday’s game in Washington before they get back at it. The Sens have lost two straight in regulation and finish with the Caps, Flyers (at home) and Bruins (in Boston).
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)