Apr 23, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins will get a couple of key players back tonight when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
Both forward Evgeni Malkin (missed four games with an upper-body injury) and defenseman Kris Letang (missed a game with food poisoning) will be in action at the Consol Energy Center, per Shelly Anderson of the Post-Gazette.
According to Anderson, head coach Dan Bylsma offered no timetable for Crosby’s return while suggesting Neal could be back practicing full-time soon and Martin could return to action before the playoffs.
Crosby, Martin and Neal skated at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to the club.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)