Apr 23, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed Mathieu Roy to contract for the remainder of the regular season — two games.
Roy, 29, played this past season with the Hamburg Freezers of the German League. Prior to skating abroad, he spent time with the Edmonton, Columbus and Tampa Bay organizations, appearing in 65 NHL contests over the course of seven seasons.
Financial terms of his deal with the Bolts were not released.
According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Bay Times, Roy was brought aboard so that rookie blueliner Radko Gudas could be reassigned to AHL Syracuse for the start of the Calder Cup playoffs.
Tampa Bay was eliminated from Stanley Cup playoff contention a while ago, but the Crunch are right in the thick of the AHL postseason, having captured the regular season East Division championship.
They’ll head into the Calder playoffs as the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
A “whirlwind” day for Versteeg.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
It may be that co-owner Ron Burkle’s situation hasn’t changed at all.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
But it isn’t going anywhere until at least next year.
Jun 3, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
“I don’t know where these stories come from, but they’re not true.”
Jun 3, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Should be an electric start.
Jun 3, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Super Mario with a super surprise?
Jun 3, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
Completing the succession plan.
Jun 3, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
“There is absolutely no truth to speculation that any NHL franchise is currently considering relocation.”
Jun 3, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
He’s a 21-year-old goalie prospect.
Jun 3, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
The dude from “The Daily Show” and the guy from “American Idol.”
Jun 3, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
But he won’t play tonight.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Unless Joel Quenneville goes to the line blender…
Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Ryan Callahan has only scored once in the playoffs.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Rahm Emanuel doesn’t care for Tampa Bay’s controversial ticket policy.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
Veteran has spent the last four years with the Arizona organization.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Coin’s been good this postseason. Real good. But will it coin up on the big stage?
Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Jun 3, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Anonymous donor has also been discharged and “is doing extremely well.”
Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Jacob Markstrom continues to shine in the AHL.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
He felt Anaheim’s structure “went right out the window” towards the end of the Western Conference Final.
- Bettman insists Coyotes and Panthers won’t relocate 5
- WATCH LIVE: Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final – Blackhawks at Lightning 0
- Report: Penguins owners (especially Lemieux) ponder sale of ‘some or all’ of franchise 15
- Report: Red Wings will name Blashill as head coach next week 1
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 16
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 74
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 22
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 77
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)