Apr 23, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Flyers announced that veteran blueliner Kimmo Timonen had suffered a compression fracture in his right foot, and will miss the remainder of the regular season.
Recovery time is expected to be 4-5 weeks.
With the injury, Timonen, 38, now joins an absolutely massive list of Flyers defensemen lost to injury this season.
Chris Pronger has missed the entire year while recovering from a concussion, Andrej Meszaros missed 32 games with shoulder and back ailments, Nicklas Grossmann missed 13 with a concussion and Braydon Coburn missed 10 with a separated shoulder.
(All games missed figures as of Apr. 19.)
Oh yeah, Kent Huskins also has a concussion.
Thankfully for the Flyers, Timonen’s tenure with the club won’t end with this compression fracture. He signed a one-year, $6 million extension with the team in February, ensuring he’ll be back for the 2013-14 campaign.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)