Apr 23, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Flyers announced that veteran blueliner Kimmo Timonen had suffered a compression fracture in his right foot, and will miss the remainder of the regular season.
Recovery time is expected to be 4-5 weeks.
With the injury, Timonen, 38, now joins an absolutely massive list of Flyers defensemen lost to injury this season.
Chris Pronger has missed the entire year while recovering from a concussion, Andrej Meszaros missed 32 games with shoulder and back ailments, Nicklas Grossmann missed 13 with a concussion and Braydon Coburn missed 10 with a separated shoulder.
(All games missed figures as of Apr. 19.)
Oh yeah, Kent Huskins also has a concussion.
Thankfully for the Flyers, Timonen’s tenure with the club won’t end with this compression fracture. He signed a one-year, $6 million extension with the team in February, ensuring he’ll be back for the 2013-14 campaign.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)