Apr 23, 2013, 12:16 AM EDT
Considering the undeniable tension between the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks, it’s tough to blame fans of either team if they believe that the real standard for “victory” is if their players don’t get hurt on Monday night.
Chicago hopes to take another step toward the Presidents’ Trophy this evening, but agitating center Dave Bolland won’t be able to finish the game. The Blackhawks announced that his night is over after he suffered a lower-body injury.
The 26-year-old has dealt with his bumps and bruises, as he’s missed 10 games this season.
While he’s occasionally been miscast as a second-line center when the team would probably prefer him to be in more of a checker, Bolland is clearly a useful piece for the ‘Hawks – and not just when he enrages star players like the Sedin twins and Joe Thornton.
Losing him when the games start to matter that much more could be a, well, Bolland-sized headache.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)