Apr 23, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Whenever Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard misses action, it’s hard not to ask if he’s a healthy or unhealthy scratch.
He’s been dealing with a back injury lately, but the 30-year-old aims to resume practicing with the team and maybe even play in the Canucks’ final regular season game on Saturday, Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province reports.
Ballard has played in 34 games so far this season, collecting two assists and averaging about 15 and a half minutes per appearance.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35