Apr 23, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Whenever Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard misses action, it’s hard not to ask if he’s a healthy or unhealthy scratch.
He’s been dealing with a back injury lately, but the 30-year-old aims to resume practicing with the team and maybe even play in the Canucks’ final regular season game on Saturday, Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province reports.
Ballard has played in 34 games so far this season, collecting two assists and averaging about 15 and a half minutes per appearance.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54