Apr 23, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Whenever Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard misses action, it’s hard not to ask if he’s a healthy or unhealthy scratch.
He’s been dealing with a back injury lately, but the 30-year-old aims to resume practicing with the team and maybe even play in the Canucks’ final regular season game on Saturday, Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province reports.
Ballard has played in 34 games so far this season, collecting two assists and averaging about 15 and a half minutes per appearance.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5