Apr 23, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are going with a decidedly young lineup tonight when they visit the Predators in Nashville.
“It will be to see who’s going to step up,” head coach Bob Hartley said, per the Calgary Sun. “Most of the young players have been with us for a few weeks, and some have just arrived from AHL Abbotsford. But many of them have played a game or two before, so they know what to expect.
“It’s kind of one of the final exams.”
And if the young guys fail the exam, oh well, at least it won’t hurt the Flames’ draft position anymore than it’s already been hurt lately.
You’ll be excused if you haven’t noticed, but Calgary has actually been playing well lately. The Flames have won five of their last six, pushing them up to 24th overall in the standings.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)