Apr 23, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
It didn’t take long for TJ Oshie to get back on skates following ankle surgery.
Seven days, to be exact.
The Blues originally thought they were getting Oshie back last week. The day prior to his surgery, he was skating with the club and head coach Ken Hitchcock said it was Oshie’s “best day” since being placed on injured reserve on Apr. 2.
Shortly thereafter, they discovered the stress fracture.
The loss has been a tough one for St. Louis, who already saw Oshie lose a handful of games earlier this season to a rib injury.
The 26-year-old was having a solid campaign, posting 7G-13A-20PTS in 30 games while averaging over 19 minutes per game.
Oshie also leads the team in power-play assists, with eight.
As for when he’ll return? Last week, the former first-round pick told True Hockey’s Andy Strickland his goal is to return for the opening game of the playoffs.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)