Apr 23, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports the Blue Jackets have signed Calvert to a two-year extension worth $1.975 million and is a one-way deal. That works out to a cap hit of $987,500 per year and a slight raise on his current entry-level deal. Getting the one-way contract helps him out in case he winds up back in the minors.
This season, he’s emerged as a helpful contributor for the Jackets scoring nine goals and 16 points overall. Oddly enough, nine goals is good enough to put him fourth on the team. Placing like that on the team is reason enough to sign off on an extension.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40