Apr 23, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports the Blue Jackets have signed Calvert to a two-year extension worth $1.975 million and is a one-way deal. That works out to a cap hit of $987,500 per year and a slight raise on his current entry-level deal. Getting the one-way contract helps him out in case he winds up back in the minors.
This season, he’s emerged as a helpful contributor for the Jackets scoring nine goals and 16 points overall. Oddly enough, nine goals is good enough to put him fourth on the team. Placing like that on the team is reason enough to sign off on an extension.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5