Apr 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The good news for the Dallas Stars is that they’re still in the Western Conference playoff hunt after gaining a point from a 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. The bad news is that they might just need to be perfect after they missed out on the second point.
Here’s how the West looks after a wild night of action:
7. Minnesota: 51 points with three games left (20 regulation/overtime wins)
8. Columbus: 51 points with two games left (17 ROW)
9. Detroit: 48 points with four games left (18 ROW)
10. Dallas: 48 points with three games left (20 ROW)*
Things look dire for the Stars out of context, but their schedule means that they can have a big impact on the West race. After facing division rivals San Jose on Tuesday, the Stars host the Blue Jackets on Thursday and the Red Wings on Saturday.
Let’s look at the other teams’ schedules really quick to give you an idea about how the last week might shake out:
April 23: home vs. Los Angeles
April 26: home vs. Edmonton
April 27: at Colorado
April 25: at Dallas
April 27: home vs. Nashville
April 22: home vs. Phoenix
April 24: home vs. Los Angeles
April 25: home vs. Nashville
April 27: at Dallas
So, as you can see, the Stars (along with the Kings and Predators) can influence how things shake out. In fact, they might even be able to muscle their way in.
* – The Phoenix Coyotes are hovering around the picture with 46 points and four games left (15 ROW).
Sep 2, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
He was selected with the ninth overall pick in 2014.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
He still has a season left on his existing contract.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
He’s not the only Russian star linked to the KHL recently.
Sep 2, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Which unsigned vets will look to win jobs at camp?
Sep 2, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
All at 75/1, respectively.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Johansen, Krug, DeKeyser and more…
Sep 2, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
The trio missed all of last year’s playoff run.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
Veteran AHLer had previously spent time with the Canucks, Avalanche and Islanders organizations.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
“I think it’s a great time for the Detroit Red Wings.”
Sep 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Easy to see why.
Sep 1, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Edmonton wants to assess Leon Draisaitl, it seems.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
Sixteen of their first 21 games are on the road.
Sep 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Part two of today’s Labor Day posts.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Part one of two Labor Day “theme” posts.
Sep 1, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
The new Penguins bench boss previously coached the young defenseman.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The 25-year-old has been fighting for playing time since he broke into the NHL.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
He might pick an opening game starter after that, but the battle for the top spot is likely to extend into the season.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
Will they have contracts by the start of the season?
Sep 1, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Last season’s experiment ended with Penner being traded.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31