Apr 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The good news for the Dallas Stars is that they’re still in the Western Conference playoff hunt after gaining a point from a 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. The bad news is that they might just need to be perfect after they missed out on the second point.
Here’s how the West looks after a wild night of action:
7. Minnesota: 51 points with three games left (20 regulation/overtime wins)
8. Columbus: 51 points with two games left (17 ROW)
9. Detroit: 48 points with four games left (18 ROW)
10. Dallas: 48 points with three games left (20 ROW)*
Things look dire for the Stars out of context, but their schedule means that they can have a big impact on the West race. After facing division rivals San Jose on Tuesday, the Stars host the Blue Jackets on Thursday and the Red Wings on Saturday.
Let’s look at the other teams’ schedules really quick to give you an idea about how the last week might shake out:
April 23: home vs. Los Angeles
April 26: home vs. Edmonton
April 27: at Colorado
April 25: at Dallas
April 27: home vs. Nashville
April 22: home vs. Phoenix
April 24: home vs. Los Angeles
April 25: home vs. Nashville
April 27: at Dallas
So, as you can see, the Stars (along with the Kings and Predators) can influence how things shake out. In fact, they might even be able to muscle their way in.
* – The Phoenix Coyotes are hovering around the picture with 46 points and four games left (15 ROW).
Jul 22, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
The financial details haven’t been revealed yet.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Also went to bat for Jumbo Joe.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Coming off an impressive rookie season.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
How ’bout that headline for some alliteration.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
His name is Kyle Dubas.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Click for the full schedule of games on NBC and NBCSN.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Had 14 goals and 15 assists, with 209 PIM, in 2013-14.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Excited to join “the toughest team” the Leafs played last season,
Jul 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They didn’t make any big splashes this summer.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and all the links to start your day.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
More depth for a Stanley Cup hopeful.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Trade rumors around the Jets star never stop swirling.
Jul 21, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Mike Johnston is going out of his way to know his players.
Jul 21, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
But hasn’t been charged with a crime.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Edmonton’s 2014 first-round pick wants to stick around right away.
Jul 21, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
He becomes an unrestricted free agent if he isn’t signed by Aug. 15.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
(He’s the tall one in the middle.)
Jul 21, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
“That’s an exciting guy to watch.”
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 0
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)