Apr 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The good news for the Dallas Stars is that they’re still in the Western Conference playoff hunt after gaining a point from a 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. The bad news is that they might just need to be perfect after they missed out on the second point.
Here’s how the West looks after a wild night of action:
7. Minnesota: 51 points with three games left (20 regulation/overtime wins)
8. Columbus: 51 points with two games left (17 ROW)
9. Detroit: 48 points with four games left (18 ROW)
10. Dallas: 48 points with three games left (20 ROW)*
Things look dire for the Stars out of context, but their schedule means that they can have a big impact on the West race. After facing division rivals San Jose on Tuesday, the Stars host the Blue Jackets on Thursday and the Red Wings on Saturday.
Let’s look at the other teams’ schedules really quick to give you an idea about how the last week might shake out:
April 23: home vs. Los Angeles
April 26: home vs. Edmonton
April 27: at Colorado
April 25: at Dallas
April 27: home vs. Nashville
April 22: home vs. Phoenix
April 24: home vs. Los Angeles
April 25: home vs. Nashville
April 27: at Dallas
So, as you can see, the Stars (along with the Kings and Predators) can influence how things shake out. In fact, they might even be able to muscle their way in.
* – The Phoenix Coyotes are hovering around the picture with 46 points and four games left (15 ROW).
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pittsburgh scores three unanswered goals to win.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
The West’s No. 1 seed takes on the final wild card qualifier.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Did the Penguins deserve a power play or penalty shot?
Apr 16, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Get used to these stories of toughness.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Updated with bonus goals for your enjoyment.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec spoils Tampa Bay’s lead.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
In case there was any doubt.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Unproven goalie vs. a gold-medal goalie in Game 1.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 53
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)