Apr 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The good news for the Dallas Stars is that they’re still in the Western Conference playoff hunt after gaining a point from a 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday. The bad news is that they might just need to be perfect after they missed out on the second point.
Here’s how the West looks after a wild night of action:
7. Minnesota: 51 points with three games left (20 regulation/overtime wins)
8. Columbus: 51 points with two games left (17 ROW)
9. Detroit: 48 points with four games left (18 ROW)
10. Dallas: 48 points with three games left (20 ROW)*
Things look dire for the Stars out of context, but their schedule means that they can have a big impact on the West race. After facing division rivals San Jose on Tuesday, the Stars host the Blue Jackets on Thursday and the Red Wings on Saturday.
Let’s look at the other teams’ schedules really quick to give you an idea about how the last week might shake out:
April 23: home vs. Los Angeles
April 26: home vs. Edmonton
April 27: at Colorado
April 25: at Dallas
April 27: home vs. Nashville
April 22: home vs. Phoenix
April 24: home vs. Los Angeles
April 25: home vs. Nashville
April 27: at Dallas
So, as you can see, the Stars (along with the Kings and Predators) can influence how things shake out. In fact, they might even be able to muscle their way in.
* – The Phoenix Coyotes are hovering around the picture with 46 points and four games left (15 ROW).
Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
You know, the one injured on “that” slash from P.K. Subban.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Which is great news for Dallas.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The club’s top pick at this year’s draft.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Former Avs and Habs goalie spent all of last year in the AHL.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Yet another NHL club hiring a fancy stats guy.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Scored a career-high 19 goals and 40 points last year.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Former Panthers, Devils head coach takes over a team that “hit a little bit of a rut.”
Aug 28, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
After an up-and-down rookie year, he’s looking to solidify his spot.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Legendary Isles coach had been battling Parkinson’s and dementia.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Bit of an issue last season, if you’ll recall.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
From little-used backup to clear-cut No. 1.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
It all comes down to goaltending.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Their playoff streak ended after 10 straight appearances.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Aug 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
The defenseman had 34 points in 66 OHL games last season.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
He might end up with a two-year deal.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s entering the final season of his five-year, $22 million deal.
Aug 27, 2015, 6:48 PM EDT
Playoff seeding will be determined by points percentage.
Aug 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
It could prove to be a bargain deal.
Aug 27, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
The Penguins are a win now team coming off of a quick first round exit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5