Apr 22, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the Penguins tonight in Ottawa.
Pittsburgh’s number-one goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury, is staying home, as his wife is expecting the couple’s first child.
Recent college signing Eric Hartzell (Quinnipiac) will be Pittsburgh’s backup.
Vokoun, 36, is 12-4-0 with a .915 save percentage. After an inconsistent start to the season, the veteran has been very good. His last outing was Saturday in Boston, where he was named first star for stopping 38 of 40 Bruins shots in a 3-2 victory.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)