Apr 22, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
The Wild would probably rather forget Sunday’s 4-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, but the one goal Minnesota scored was impressive.
Charlie Coyle and Mikko Koivu did an impressive job of setting things up for Zach Parise, who found himself in a one-on-one situation with Flames goaltender Joey MacDonald. Parise outmaneuvered MacDonald to score his 17th goal of the season:
If we can take a step back from Minnesota’s recent struggles and look at the season as a whole, it’s easy to argue that Zach Parise is a big part of the reason that they’re even in a position to potentially make the playoffs.
The 28-year-old forward leads the team in goals and with 36 points. He’s also meshed well with Mikko Koivu, who has shared a point with Parise on 24 occasions this season.
Parise’s latest goal came on the same day that the New Jersey Devils were officially eliminated from the playoff race. Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur cited the loss of Parise over the summer as one of the main reasons the Devils have gone from the Eastern Conference champions to a team that fell short of the postseason in the span of just one season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The Blackhawks look to head home with a split.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
He’s aiming to return for Game 3 on Tuesday.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
He avoided a suspension for the act.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
He’s been out since April 3.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
A fine may be in his future.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
He missed Game 2 with an injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Pulling the goalie with three minutes went over very well.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 88
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 43
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 73
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63