Apr 22, 2013, 9:28 PM EST
As expected, there’s been some rough stuff in Matt Cooke‘s first game in Ottawa against the Senators.
The Pittsburgh Penguins agitator has managed to keep his nose clean so far, though; as of this writing, he hasn’t registered a single penalty. That’s not for a lack of trying, however, as Chris Neil challenged him to a fight earlier in Monday’s game. Cooke rejected the offer, so Neil took it upon himself to clobber Pens defenseman Simon Despres:
Neil received a two-minute charging minor for that hit.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5