Apr 22, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
As expected, there’s been some rough stuff in Matt Cooke‘s first game in Ottawa against the Senators.
The Pittsburgh Penguins agitator has managed to keep his nose clean so far, though; as of this writing, he hasn’t registered a single penalty. That’s not for a lack of trying, however, as Chris Neil challenged him to a fight earlier in Monday’s game. Cooke rejected the offer, so Neil took it upon himself to clobber Pens defenseman Simon Despres:
Neil received a two-minute charging minor for that hit.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6