Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets earned a huge 4-3 victory last night in San Jose. As you can see below (courtesy Sports Club Stats), the win greatly helped the plucky Jackets in their unlikely quest for a playoff spot.
Columbus has gone 4-1-0 in the first five games of a tough six-game road trip that ends Thursday in Dallas.
The biggest dropper yesterday was Minnesota, which looked like a lock to make the postseason a short time ago. The Wild have just three wins in their last 11 games.
Detroit earned a point Saturday in Vancouver, but the Red Wings (you may have heard they haven’t missed the playoffs in quite some time) may end up regretting the fact they outshot the Canucks, 34-14, and lost 2-1 in the shootout.
Minnesota: Los Angeles, Edmonton, @ Colorado
Columbus: @ Dallas, Nashville
Detroit: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, @ Dallas
Dallas: @ San Jose, Columbus, Detroit
Phoenix: @ Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, @ Anaheim
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)