Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets earned a huge 4-3 victory last night in San Jose. As you can see below (courtesy Sports Club Stats), the win greatly helped the plucky Jackets in their unlikely quest for a playoff spot.
Columbus has gone 4-1-0 in the first five games of a tough six-game road trip that ends Thursday in Dallas.
The biggest dropper yesterday was Minnesota, which looked like a lock to make the postseason a short time ago. The Wild have just three wins in their last 11 games.
Detroit earned a point Saturday in Vancouver, but the Red Wings (you may have heard they haven’t missed the playoffs in quite some time) may end up regretting the fact they outshot the Canucks, 34-14, and lost 2-1 in the shootout.
Minnesota: Los Angeles, Edmonton, @ Colorado
Columbus: @ Dallas, Nashville
Detroit: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, @ Dallas
Dallas: @ San Jose, Columbus, Detroit
Phoenix: @ Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, @ Anaheim
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5