Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets earned a huge 4-3 victory last night in San Jose. As you can see below (courtesy Sports Club Stats), the win greatly helped the plucky Jackets in their unlikely quest for a playoff spot.
Columbus has gone 4-1-0 in the first five games of a tough six-game road trip that ends Thursday in Dallas.
The biggest dropper yesterday was Minnesota, which looked like a lock to make the postseason a short time ago. The Wild have just three wins in their last 11 games.
Detroit earned a point Saturday in Vancouver, but the Red Wings (you may have heard they haven’t missed the playoffs in quite some time) may end up regretting the fact they outshot the Canucks, 34-14, and lost 2-1 in the shootout.
Minnesota: Los Angeles, Edmonton, @ Colorado
Columbus: @ Dallas, Nashville
Detroit: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, @ Dallas
Dallas: @ San Jose, Columbus, Detroit
Phoenix: @ Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, @ Anaheim
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)