Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets earned a huge 4-3 victory last night in San Jose. As you can see below (courtesy Sports Club Stats), the win greatly helped the plucky Jackets in their unlikely quest for a playoff spot.
Columbus has gone 4-1-0 in the first five games of a tough six-game road trip that ends Thursday in Dallas.
The biggest dropper yesterday was Minnesota, which looked like a lock to make the postseason a short time ago. The Wild have just three wins in their last 11 games.
Detroit earned a point Saturday in Vancouver, but the Red Wings (you may have heard they haven’t missed the playoffs in quite some time) may end up regretting the fact they outshot the Canucks, 34-14, and lost 2-1 in the shootout.
Minnesota: Los Angeles, Edmonton, @ Colorado
Columbus: @ Dallas, Nashville
Detroit: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, @ Dallas
Dallas: @ San Jose, Columbus, Detroit
Phoenix: @ Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, @ Anaheim
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 2
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 7
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 50
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 74
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)