Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets earned a huge 4-3 victory last night in San Jose. As you can see below (courtesy Sports Club Stats), the win greatly helped the plucky Jackets in their unlikely quest for a playoff spot.
Columbus has gone 4-1-0 in the first five games of a tough six-game road trip that ends Thursday in Dallas.
The biggest dropper yesterday was Minnesota, which looked like a lock to make the postseason a short time ago. The Wild have just three wins in their last 11 games.
Detroit earned a point Saturday in Vancouver, but the Red Wings (you may have heard they haven’t missed the playoffs in quite some time) may end up regretting the fact they outshot the Canucks, 34-14, and lost 2-1 in the shootout.
Minnesota: Los Angeles, Edmonton, @ Colorado
Columbus: @ Dallas, Nashville
Detroit: Phoenix, Los Angeles, Nashville, @ Dallas
Dallas: @ San Jose, Columbus, Detroit
Phoenix: @ Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, @ Anaheim
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)