Apr 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets insist on keeping the heat on the rest of the East’s playoff bubble teams.
While they remain in ninth place, the Jets still have a shot to make the postseason thanks to a tight 2-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday. (Look for an updated view of the East playoff picture once the Pittsburgh Penguins-Ottawa Senators game is over.)
The Sabres gave the Jets more than a few scares, yet Ondrej Pavelec added to his vault of highlight reel saves to keep Winnipeg in the lead.
The Jets have two games remaining on their schedule: a road game against the Washington Capitals on Tuesday and then a home contest vs. the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
Tomorrow’s match against the Caps is the marquee matchup, as the Southeast Division crown is still up for grabs:
Washington: 52 points with three games left (22 regulation/OT wins)
Winnipeg: 51 points with two games left (22 ROW)
In other words, there’s still plenty of hope for the Jets, even if they need a little help.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 9
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 22
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)