Apr 22, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets insist on keeping the heat on the rest of the East’s playoff bubble teams.
While they remain in ninth place, the Jets still have a shot to make the postseason thanks to a tight 2-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday. (Look for an updated view of the East playoff picture once the Pittsburgh Penguins-Ottawa Senators game is over.)
The Sabres gave the Jets more than a few scares, yet Ondrej Pavelec added to his vault of highlight reel saves to keep Winnipeg in the lead.
The Jets have two games remaining on their schedule: a road game against the Washington Capitals on Tuesday and then a home contest vs. the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
Tomorrow’s match against the Caps is the marquee matchup, as the Southeast Division crown is still up for grabs:
Washington: 52 points with three games left (22 regulation/OT wins)
Winnipeg: 51 points with two games left (22 ROW)
In other words, there’s still plenty of hope for the Jets, even if they need a little help.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)