Apr 22, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings outshot the Calgary Flames, 38-17…but lost 3-2 in regulation.
On Saturday, they outshout the Vancouver Canucks, 34-14…but lost 2-1 in a shootout.
So it’s not all that surprising that Wings head coach Mike Babcock is feeling good about the way his team is playing heading into tonight’s key game versus Phoenix at Joe Louis Arena (on NBCSN).
“I’ve liked a lot of our games of late. I don’t think we’ve played poorly,” Babcock said this morning, per MLive.com. “The last poor game we had was on the trade deadline when we played Phoenix. We had poor effort that night.
“Other than that we’ve played well. And yet we got to find a way to get the second point. We can’t get one point, we got to get two.”
Babcock does admit that the Wings “have to get on the inside more” if they want to put more pucks in the net — especially against a goalie like the Coyotes’ Mike Smith who’s going to stop the easy shots from the perimeter.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)