Apr 22, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Detroit Red Wings outshot the Calgary Flames, 38-17…but lost 3-2 in regulation.
On Saturday, they outshout the Vancouver Canucks, 34-14…but lost 2-1 in a shootout.
So it’s not all that surprising that Wings head coach Mike Babcock is feeling good about the way his team is playing heading into tonight’s key game versus Phoenix at Joe Louis Arena (on NBCSN).
“I’ve liked a lot of our games of late. I don’t think we’ve played poorly,” Babcock said this morning, per MLive.com. “The last poor game we had was on the trade deadline when we played Phoenix. We had poor effort that night.
“Other than that we’ve played well. And yet we got to find a way to get the second point. We can’t get one point, we got to get two.”
Babcock does admit that the Wings “have to get on the inside more” if they want to put more pucks in the net — especially against a goalie like the Coyotes’ Mike Smith who’s going to stop the easy shots from the perimeter.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)