Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Wolves’ season is over, so there’s no guarantee Corrado will actually play for the Canucks in any of their final three games of the regular season. There wouldn’t be much to lose by giving him a look though, as Vancouver is all but guaranteed to finish with the third seed in the Western Conference.
Corrado had two assists in three games with the Wolves. He spent most of the year in the OHL with Sudbury and Kitchener, piling up 45 points in 69 junior games.
But tonight at home to the Chicago Blackhawks, it could be recently recalled defenseman Derek Joslin — formerly of the Sharks and Hurricanes — that gets the call for the Canucks.
“I know my role,” Joslin said. “I know I’m here to fill in and I just have to be ready when my name is called.
“I’ve played pro for six years and every year you have to earn a spot. The last two years I was up in the NHL full time, but you still had to earn your spot. I have over 100 games in this league, but I’m sure the jitters will still be there.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)