Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Wolves’ season is over, so there’s no guarantee Corrado will actually play for the Canucks in any of their final three games of the regular season. There wouldn’t be much to lose by giving him a look though, as Vancouver is all but guaranteed to finish with the third seed in the Western Conference.
Corrado had two assists in three games with the Wolves. He spent most of the year in the OHL with Sudbury and Kitchener, piling up 45 points in 69 junior games.
But tonight at home to the Chicago Blackhawks, it could be recently recalled defenseman Derek Joslin — formerly of the Sharks and Hurricanes — that gets the call for the Canucks.
“I know my role,” Joslin said. “I know I’m here to fill in and I just have to be ready when my name is called.
“I’ve played pro for six years and every year you have to earn a spot. The last two years I was up in the NHL full time, but you still had to earn your spot. I have over 100 games in this league, but I’m sure the jitters will still be there.”
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 53
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 44
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)