Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
The Wolves’ season is over, so there’s no guarantee Corrado will actually play for the Canucks in any of their final three games of the regular season. There wouldn’t be much to lose by giving him a look though, as Vancouver is all but guaranteed to finish with the third seed in the Western Conference.
Corrado had two assists in three games with the Wolves. He spent most of the year in the OHL with Sudbury and Kitchener, piling up 45 points in 69 junior games.
But tonight at home to the Chicago Blackhawks, it could be recently recalled defenseman Derek Joslin — formerly of the Sharks and Hurricanes — that gets the call for the Canucks.
“I know my role,” Joslin said. “I know I’m here to fill in and I just have to be ready when my name is called.
“I’ve played pro for six years and every year you have to earn a spot. The last two years I was up in the NHL full time, but you still had to earn your spot. I have over 100 games in this league, but I’m sure the jitters will still be there.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)