Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Wolves’ season is over, so there’s no guarantee Corrado will actually play for the Canucks in any of their final three games of the regular season. There wouldn’t be much to lose by giving him a look though, as Vancouver is all but guaranteed to finish with the third seed in the Western Conference.
Corrado had two assists in three games with the Wolves. He spent most of the year in the OHL with Sudbury and Kitchener, piling up 45 points in 69 junior games.
But tonight at home to the Chicago Blackhawks, it could be recently recalled defenseman Derek Joslin — formerly of the Sharks and Hurricanes — that gets the call for the Canucks.
“I know my role,” Joslin said. “I know I’m here to fill in and I just have to be ready when my name is called.
“I’ve played pro for six years and every year you have to earn a spot. The last two years I was up in the NHL full time, but you still had to earn your spot. I have over 100 games in this league, but I’m sure the jitters will still be there.”
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 42
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 33
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22