Apr 22, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Wolves’ season is over, so there’s no guarantee Corrado will actually play for the Canucks in any of their final three games of the regular season. There wouldn’t be much to lose by giving him a look though, as Vancouver is all but guaranteed to finish with the third seed in the Western Conference.
Corrado had two assists in three games with the Wolves. He spent most of the year in the OHL with Sudbury and Kitchener, piling up 45 points in 69 junior games.
But tonight at home to the Chicago Blackhawks, it could be recently recalled defenseman Derek Joslin — formerly of the Sharks and Hurricanes — that gets the call for the Canucks.
“I know my role,” Joslin said. “I know I’m here to fill in and I just have to be ready when my name is called.
“I’ve played pro for six years and every year you have to earn a spot. The last two years I was up in the NHL full time, but you still had to earn your spot. I have over 100 games in this league, but I’m sure the jitters will still be there.”
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)