Apr 22, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Horton, 27, left Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Pittsburgh with what appeared to be a hand injury after fighting Pens forward Jarome Iginla.
Bruins head coach Claude Julien didn’t offer many specifics about Horton’s condition following the game, but did acknowledge the injury occurred during the scrap.
“Obviously the injury came from the fight,” he explained. “I’ll let you guys know whenever the final evaluation is made.”
The Bruins can ill-afford to lose Horton for any period of time.
While he’s had a somewhat inconsistent year, he remains one of the club’s best net-front presences and is third in goals, with 13 — an important figure, as Boston only has four double-digit goalscorers at the moment.
After Tuesday’s game, Boston has three remaining: Thursday against Tampa Bay, Saturday at Washington and Sunday’s home date, the last game of the regular season, against Ottawa.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)