Apr 22, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are trying to clinch the Pacific Division on Monday, but they’re doing so without winger Bobby Ryan.
The 26-year-old forward is sitting out a match against the Edmonton Oilers tonight with an illness, according to the team. NHL.com points out that this breaks up a streak in which he’s played 220 consecutive games for the Ducks; he last missed time on March 12, 2010.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5