Apr 21, 2013, 8:22 PM EST
Whether it’s the Florida Panthers’ doing or the work of EA Sports, Brian Campbell‘s campaign-style video to be NHL 14’s cover star sports a desirable mixture of cheese and genuine laughs:
There’s plenty of good/cringe-inducing stuff in that video (the “Mmm … mmm … good” bit infringes on taste, if not copyrights), but the attacks on Kris Versteeg could use some tweaking.
While the karaoke clip begs for a full treatment, golden opportunities were missed to mock Versteeg in more meaningful ways.
Specifically, he should probably be teased for his hair from last season:
Honestly, “Soupy” might need to pull out a few extra spin-o-ramas to beat that ‘stache and the Hulk Hogan hair.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)