Apr 21, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Whether it’s the Florida Panthers’ doing or the work of EA Sports, Brian Campbell‘s campaign-style video to be NHL 14’s cover star sports a desirable mixture of cheese and genuine laughs:
There’s plenty of good/cringe-inducing stuff in that video (the “Mmm … mmm … good” bit infringes on taste, if not copyrights), but the attacks on Kris Versteeg could use some tweaking.
While the karaoke clip begs for a full treatment, golden opportunities were missed to mock Versteeg in more meaningful ways.
Specifically, he should probably be teased for his hair from last season:
Honestly, “Soupy” might need to pull out a few extra spin-o-ramas to beat that ‘stache and the Hulk Hogan hair.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)