Apr 21, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Whether it’s the Florida Panthers’ doing or the work of EA Sports, Brian Campbell‘s campaign-style video to be NHL 14’s cover star sports a desirable mixture of cheese and genuine laughs:
There’s plenty of good/cringe-inducing stuff in that video (the “Mmm … mmm … good” bit infringes on taste, if not copyrights), but the attacks on Kris Versteeg could use some tweaking.
While the karaoke clip begs for a full treatment, golden opportunities were missed to mock Versteeg in more meaningful ways.
Specifically, he should probably be teased for his hair from last season:
Honestly, “Soupy” might need to pull out a few extra spin-o-ramas to beat that ‘stache and the Hulk Hogan hair.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)