Apr 21, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Whether it’s the Florida Panthers’ doing or the work of EA Sports, Brian Campbell‘s campaign-style video to be NHL 14’s cover star sports a desirable mixture of cheese and genuine laughs:
There’s plenty of good/cringe-inducing stuff in that video (the “Mmm … mmm … good” bit infringes on taste, if not copyrights), but the attacks on Kris Versteeg could use some tweaking.
While the karaoke clip begs for a full treatment, golden opportunities were missed to mock Versteeg in more meaningful ways.
Specifically, he should probably be teased for his hair from last season:
Honestly, “Soupy” might need to pull out a few extra spin-o-ramas to beat that ‘stache and the Hulk Hogan hair.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)