Apr 21, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Yesterday’s thrilling game between Winnipeg and the New York Islanders that saw the Isles win 5-4 in a shootout. It also saw a questionable hit delivered by Isles forward Kyle Okposo to Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
Okposo hit Bogosian up high, putting Bogosian down on the ice for a few moments with no penalty called on the play. Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and won’t discipline Okposo.
With the video we’ve found of the play, good luck determining what exactly happened. Lawless compared the hit to the one delivered by Montreal’s Ryan White on Philly’s Kent Huskins that earned White a five-game suspension. What do you make of it?
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 6
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 5
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 33
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 46
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (46)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)