Apr 21, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Yesterday’s thrilling game between Winnipeg and the New York Islanders that saw the Isles win 5-4 in a shootout. It also saw a questionable hit delivered by Isles forward Kyle Okposo to Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
Okposo hit Bogosian up high, putting Bogosian down on the ice for a few moments with no penalty called on the play. Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and won’t discipline Okposo.
With the video we’ve found of the play, good luck determining what exactly happened. Lawless compared the hit to the one delivered by Montreal’s Ryan White on Philly’s Kent Huskins that earned White a five-game suspension. What do you make of it?
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)