Apr 21, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Yesterday’s thrilling game between Winnipeg and the New York Islanders that saw the Isles win 5-4 in a shootout. It also saw a questionable hit delivered by Isles forward Kyle Okposo to Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
Okposo hit Bogosian up high, putting Bogosian down on the ice for a few moments with no penalty called on the play. Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and won’t discipline Okposo.
With the video we’ve found of the play, good luck determining what exactly happened. Lawless compared the hit to the one delivered by Montreal’s Ryan White on Philly’s Kent Huskins that earned White a five-game suspension. What do you make of it?
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6