Apr 21, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Yesterday’s thrilling game between Winnipeg and the New York Islanders that saw the Isles win 5-4 in a shootout. It also saw a questionable hit delivered by Isles forward Kyle Okposo to Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
Okposo hit Bogosian up high, putting Bogosian down on the ice for a few moments with no penalty called on the play. Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and won’t discipline Okposo.
With the video we’ve found of the play, good luck determining what exactly happened. Lawless compared the hit to the one delivered by Montreal’s Ryan White on Philly’s Kent Huskins that earned White a five-game suspension. What do you make of it?
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)