Apr 21, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Yesterday’s thrilling game between Winnipeg and the New York Islanders that saw the Isles win 5-4 in a shootout. It also saw a questionable hit delivered by Isles forward Kyle Okposo to Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian.
Okposo hit Bogosian up high, putting Bogosian down on the ice for a few moments with no penalty called on the play. Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and won’t discipline Okposo.
With the video we’ve found of the play, good luck determining what exactly happened. Lawless compared the hit to the one delivered by Montreal’s Ryan White on Philly’s Kent Huskins that earned White a five-game suspension. What do you make of it?
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)