Apr 21, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Yesterday’s over-the-top comments from Bruins commentator Jack Edwards regarding Penguins controversy producer Matt Cooke didn’t go unnoticed by those in the Penguins organization.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero was in attendance at yesterday afternoon’s game in Boston and was none too pleased at hearing his player compared to infamous assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero was visibly enraged when he learned of Edwards’ comments and confronted him in the first intermission.
Molinari says Shero refused to comment on what he said to Edwards but shortly after the two met, Edwards headed to Twitter to post an apology for his comments.
Curious part of this was Edwards said on-air, “The apology is prompted by nothing but my conscience.” Terse words from Ray Shero would get most people to hone up to saying something foolish.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)