Apr 21, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Yesterday’s over-the-top comments from Bruins commentator Jack Edwards regarding Penguins controversy producer Matt Cooke didn’t go unnoticed by those in the Penguins organization.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero was in attendance at yesterday afternoon’s game in Boston and was none too pleased at hearing his player compared to infamous assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero was visibly enraged when he learned of Edwards’ comments and confronted him in the first intermission.
Molinari says Shero refused to comment on what he said to Edwards but shortly after the two met, Edwards headed to Twitter to post an apology for his comments.
I am sorry for insulting Matt Cooke, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the National Hockey League, and anyone else upset by my Cooke comments.—
Jack Edwards (@RealJackEdwards) April 20, 2013
Curious part of this was Edwards said on-air, “The apology is prompted by nothing but my conscience.” Terse words from Ray Shero would get most people to hone up to saying something foolish.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (38)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)