Apr 21, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Yesterday’s over-the-top comments from Bruins commentator Jack Edwards regarding Penguins controversy producer Matt Cooke didn’t go unnoticed by those in the Penguins organization.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero was in attendance at yesterday afternoon’s game in Boston and was none too pleased at hearing his player compared to infamous assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero was visibly enraged when he learned of Edwards’ comments and confronted him in the first intermission.
Molinari says Shero refused to comment on what he said to Edwards but shortly after the two met, Edwards headed to Twitter to post an apology for his comments.
Curious part of this was Edwards said on-air, “The apology is prompted by nothing but my conscience.” Terse words from Ray Shero would get most people to hone up to saying something foolish.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)