Apr 21, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Yesterday’s over-the-top comments from Bruins commentator Jack Edwards regarding Penguins controversy producer Matt Cooke didn’t go unnoticed by those in the Penguins organization.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero was in attendance at yesterday afternoon’s game in Boston and was none too pleased at hearing his player compared to infamous assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero was visibly enraged when he learned of Edwards’ comments and confronted him in the first intermission.
Molinari says Shero refused to comment on what he said to Edwards but shortly after the two met, Edwards headed to Twitter to post an apology for his comments.
Curious part of this was Edwards said on-air, “The apology is prompted by nothing but my conscience.” Terse words from Ray Shero would get most people to hone up to saying something foolish.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5