Apr 21, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Yesterday’s over-the-top comments from Bruins commentator Jack Edwards regarding Penguins controversy producer Matt Cooke didn’t go unnoticed by those in the Penguins organization.
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero was in attendance at yesterday afternoon’s game in Boston and was none too pleased at hearing his player compared to infamous assassin Sirhan Sirhan.
Penguins general manager Ray Shero was visibly enraged when he learned of Edwards’ comments and confronted him in the first intermission.
Molinari says Shero refused to comment on what he said to Edwards but shortly after the two met, Edwards headed to Twitter to post an apology for his comments.
I am sorry for insulting Matt Cooke, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the National Hockey League, and anyone else upset by my Cooke comments.—
Jack Edwards (@RealJackEdwards) April 20, 2013
Curious part of this was Edwards said on-air, “The apology is prompted by nothing but my conscience.” Terse words from Ray Shero would get most people to hone up to saying something foolish.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7