Apr 21, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
When it rains it pours in Calgary.
The Flames report forward Curtis Glencross will miss 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 MCL sprain. With the Flames eliminated from playoff contention, it’s only the next seven days and four games they’ve got to worry about not having him in the lineup.
Glencross is the team leader in goals with 15 and is fourth on the team in points. Calgary hasn’t had the injury problems many other teams in the West have dealt with which makes their dismal spot in the standings a bit more troubling to see. At least he can be spared playing out the string as Calgary’s final four games are all on the road.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)