Apr 21, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
When it rains it pours in Calgary.
The Flames report forward Curtis Glencross will miss 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 MCL sprain. With the Flames eliminated from playoff contention, it’s only the next seven days and four games they’ve got to worry about not having him in the lineup.
Glencross is the team leader in goals with 15 and is fourth on the team in points. Calgary hasn’t had the injury problems many other teams in the West have dealt with which makes their dismal spot in the standings a bit more troubling to see. At least he can be spared playing out the string as Calgary’s final four games are all on the road.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)