Apr 21, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
When it rains it pours in Calgary.
The Flames report forward Curtis Glencross will miss 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 MCL sprain. With the Flames eliminated from playoff contention, it’s only the next seven days and four games they’ve got to worry about not having him in the lineup.
Glencross is the team leader in goals with 15 and is fourth on the team in points. Calgary hasn’t had the injury problems many other teams in the West have dealt with which makes their dismal spot in the standings a bit more troubling to see. At least he can be spared playing out the string as Calgary’s final four games are all on the road.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)