Apr 21, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
When it rains it pours in Calgary.
The Flames report forward Curtis Glencross will miss 4-6 weeks with a grade 2 MCL sprain. With the Flames eliminated from playoff contention, it’s only the next seven days and four games they’ve got to worry about not having him in the lineup.
Glencross is the team leader in goals with 15 and is fourth on the team in points. Calgary hasn’t had the injury problems many other teams in the West have dealt with which makes their dismal spot in the standings a bit more troubling to see. At least he can be spared playing out the string as Calgary’s final four games are all on the road.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)