Apr 21, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Injuries have dominated the hapless Florida Panthers’ season and you can add another name to the list.
Defenseman Dmitry Kulikov went down in the third period of the Panthers’ 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon after getting tangled up with Jaromir Jagr. As George Richards of the Miami Herald reports, the injury will likely put an end to his season.
“He won’t be available,” coach Kevin Dineen said, “probably for the rest of the season.”
On the upside, Florida has just three games left in the season. On the downside, they’re in the running for the worst record in the league. If the ping pong balls bounce right, they could be headed for the No. 1 pick in the draft and a shot at Seth Jones. This is what you call “looking for the silver lining in the middle of a nightmare season.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17