Apr 21, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Injuries have dominated the hapless Florida Panthers’ season and you can add another name to the list.
Defenseman Dmitry Kulikov went down in the third period of the Panthers’ 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon after getting tangled up with Jaromir Jagr. As George Richards of the Miami Herald reports, the injury will likely put an end to his season.
“He won’t be available,” coach Kevin Dineen said, “probably for the rest of the season.”
On the upside, Florida has just three games left in the season. On the downside, they’re in the running for the worst record in the league. If the ping pong balls bounce right, they could be headed for the No. 1 pick in the draft and a shot at Seth Jones. This is what you call “looking for the silver lining in the middle of a nightmare season.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54