Apr 21, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Injuries have dominated the hapless Florida Panthers’ season and you can add another name to the list.
Defenseman Dmitry Kulikov went down in the third period of the Panthers’ 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon after getting tangled up with Jaromir Jagr. As George Richards of the Miami Herald reports, the injury will likely put an end to his season.
“He won’t be available,” coach Kevin Dineen said, “probably for the rest of the season.”
On the upside, Florida has just three games left in the season. On the downside, they’re in the running for the worst record in the league. If the ping pong balls bounce right, they could be headed for the No. 1 pick in the draft and a shot at Seth Jones. This is what you call “looking for the silver lining in the middle of a nightmare season.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5