Apr 21, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Injuries have dominated the hapless Florida Panthers’ season and you can add another name to the list.
Defenseman Dmitry Kulikov went down in the third period of the Panthers’ 3-0 loss to Boston this afternoon after getting tangled up with Jaromir Jagr. As George Richards of the Miami Herald reports, the injury will likely put an end to his season.
“He won’t be available,” coach Kevin Dineen said, “probably for the rest of the season.”
On the upside, Florida has just three games left in the season. On the downside, they’re in the running for the worst record in the league. If the ping pong balls bounce right, they could be headed for the No. 1 pick in the draft and a shot at Seth Jones. This is what you call “looking for the silver lining in the middle of a nightmare season.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7