Apr 21, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
If it wasn’t clear before, Sunday made it obvious: dismiss the Columbus Blue Jackets at your own peril.
The scrappy bunch won yet another game by a slim margin – and in dramatic fashion – as they held off a San Jose Sharks surge to prevail 4-3 on Sunday.
Columbus has won six of its last seven games (including four of five in a six-game road trip that seemed to have “doom” written all over it). The Blue Jackets last three victories came when it seemed like they’d settle for a loss or at least need to go to extra time.
April 15 (4-3 OT win at Colorado): They tied the game with about a minute and a half left in the third period and then won it with less than 30 seconds left in OT.
April 17: (3-2 OT win at Anaheim): They scored another third period game-tying goal before scoring in overtime.
April 18: Loss at Los Angeles.
Sunday night: Ryan Johansen scored the game-winner with a little more than 90 seconds remaining in the third:
This win strengthens the Blue Jackets’ hold on the eighth seed in the West with 51 points and two games remaining. They’ll still need to work some more magic to complete this Cinderella run to the postseason, but at this point, would you bet against them?
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)