Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Tampa Bay is soon going to have about 13-feet worth of goalie ready to battle for ice time.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports Anders Lindback is set to return to action after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain. Coach Jon Cooper says, “He’s a confident ready” to play. He’ll get the start tonight against Carolina.
Lindback has been average in his first season as a starting goalie with the Lightning going 10-7-1 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.
While he was acquired to be their No. 1 goalie, he returns to the Tampa Bay lineup now having to do battle with deadline acquisition and fellow tall guy Ben Bishop for playing time. Those two should do battle to be the starter next season for the Bolts.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1