Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Tampa Bay is soon going to have about 13-feet worth of goalie ready to battle for ice time.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports Anders Lindback is set to return to action after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain. Coach Jon Cooper says, “He’s a confident ready” to play. He’ll get the start tonight against Carolina.
Lindback has been average in his first season as a starting goalie with the Lightning going 10-7-1 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.
While he was acquired to be their No. 1 goalie, he returns to the Tampa Bay lineup now having to do battle with deadline acquisition and fellow tall guy Ben Bishop for playing time. Those two should do battle to be the starter next season for the Bolts.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)