Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Tampa Bay is soon going to have about 13-feet worth of goalie ready to battle for ice time.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports Anders Lindback is set to return to action after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain. Coach Jon Cooper says, “He’s a confident ready” to play. He’ll get the start tonight against Carolina.
Lindback has been average in his first season as a starting goalie with the Lightning going 10-7-1 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.
While he was acquired to be their No. 1 goalie, he returns to the Tampa Bay lineup now having to do battle with deadline acquisition and fellow tall guy Ben Bishop for playing time. Those two should do battle to be the starter next season for the Bolts.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5