Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Tampa Bay is soon going to have about 13-feet worth of goalie ready to battle for ice time.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports Anders Lindback is set to return to action after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain. Coach Jon Cooper says, “He’s a confident ready” to play. He’ll get the start tonight against Carolina.
Lindback has been average in his first season as a starting goalie with the Lightning going 10-7-1 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.
While he was acquired to be their No. 1 goalie, he returns to the Tampa Bay lineup now having to do battle with deadline acquisition and fellow tall guy Ben Bishop for playing time. Those two should do battle to be the starter next season for the Bolts.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)