Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Tampa Bay is soon going to have about 13-feet worth of goalie ready to battle for ice time.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times reports Anders Lindback is set to return to action after missing 13 games with a high ankle sprain. Coach Jon Cooper says, “He’s a confident ready” to play. He’ll get the start tonight against Carolina.
Lindback has been average in his first season as a starting goalie with the Lightning going 10-7-1 with a 2.88 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.
While he was acquired to be their No. 1 goalie, he returns to the Tampa Bay lineup now having to do battle with deadline acquisition and fellow tall guy Ben Bishop for playing time. Those two should do battle to be the starter next season for the Bolts.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 27
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)