Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Despite beating the Carolina Hurricanes 5-3 on Saturday, many Philadelphia Flyers players and fans probably won’t hold onto today’s memories for very long. Winger Wayne Simmonds doesn’t fit into that group, though.
The 24-year-old forward scored the first hat trick and recorded the first four-point night of his NHL career* tonight (including the game-winner). Watch his trio of tallies below:
That gives Simmonds 31 points in 42 games this season. That gives him a .74 point-per-game average, topping the career-high .6 mark he generated during his debut year with the Philadelphia Flyers in 2011-12.
* – According to Anthony SanFilippo of the team’s Web site.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)