Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Despite beating the Carolina Hurricanes 5-3 on Saturday, many Philadelphia Flyers players and fans probably won’t hold onto today’s memories for very long. Winger Wayne Simmonds doesn’t fit into that group, though.
The 24-year-old forward scored the first hat trick and recorded the first four-point night of his NHL career* tonight (including the game-winner). Watch his trio of tallies below:
That gives Simmonds 31 points in 42 games this season. That gives him a .74 point-per-game average, topping the career-high .6 mark he generated during his debut year with the Philadelphia Flyers in 2011-12.
* – According to Anthony SanFilippo of the team’s Web site.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5