Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 PM EST
Despite beating the Carolina Hurricanes 5-3 on Saturday, many Philadelphia Flyers players and fans probably won’t hold onto today’s memories for very long. Winger Wayne Simmonds doesn’t fit into that group, though.
The 24-year-old forward scored the first hat trick and recorded the first four-point night of his NHL career* tonight (including the game-winner). Watch his trio of tallies below:
That gives Simmonds 31 points in 42 games this season. That gives him a .74 point-per-game average, topping the career-high .6 mark he generated during his debut year with the Philadelphia Flyers in 2011-12.
* – According to Anthony SanFilippo of the team’s Web site.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)