Apr 20, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin padded his goal-scoring lead (and helped his Washington Capitals fatten their own Southeast Division lead) with tallies 29 and 30 of the 2013 season in a 5-1 win against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.
Here’s goal No. 29:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Now enjoy No. 30:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That victory gives the Capitals 52 points with three games remaining, three more points than the Winnipeg Jets (who also have three more games left). The Caps face an opportunity to clinch the division when they play against Winnipeg on Tuesday.
In case you’re wondering how Ovechkin’s 30 goals in 45 games might translate to an 82-game season, he’s on pace for 55 goals (OK, 54.67). Steven Stamkos remains in second place with 27 goals and four games remaining.
Want to watch some of the game’s biggest moments? Watch the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7