Apr 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
While it sounded unrealistic even when he discussed the possibility earlier in 2013, the 36-year-old netminder had some good reasons to shoot for that goal.
Age and injuries indicate that his time in the NHL might be running out. If not, he may simply struggle to generate attention for a backup gig in the league next season.
Still, the former Hart Trophy winner could just as easily heal up during the summer and land a suitable job, so we’ll see.
It sounds like people will have to wait several months to see him again, however.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)