Apr 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
While it sounded unrealistic even when he discussed the possibility earlier in 2013, the 36-year-old netminder had some good reasons to shoot for that goal.
Age and injuries indicate that his time in the NHL might be running out. If not, he may simply struggle to generate attention for a backup gig in the league next season.
Still, the former Hart Trophy winner could just as easily heal up during the summer and land a suitable job, so we’ll see.
It sounds like people will have to wait several months to see him again, however.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5