Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s efforts to make a push for the playoffs took a hit during today’s game.
According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, he got caught up with Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey along the boards and had his leg twisted awkwardly. With Jokinen out and Evander Kane a little banged up but playing, the Jets’ uphill climb to get in the postseason is made that much tougher.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen has struggled a bit this season with just seven goals and 14 points in 44 games, good for eighth on the team in scoring.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 0
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 33
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 23
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 48
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)