Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s efforts to make a push for the playoffs took a hit during today’s game.
According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, he got caught up with Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey along the boards and had his leg twisted awkwardly. With Jokinen out and Evander Kane a little banged up but playing, the Jets’ uphill climb to get in the postseason is made that much tougher.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen has struggled a bit this season with just seven goals and 14 points in 44 games, good for eighth on the team in scoring.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)