Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s efforts to make a push for the playoffs took a hit during today’s game.
According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, he got caught up with Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey along the boards and had his leg twisted awkwardly. With Jokinen out and Evander Kane a little banged up but playing, the Jets’ uphill climb to get in the postseason is made that much tougher.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen has struggled a bit this season with just seven goals and 14 points in 44 games, good for eighth on the team in scoring.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (67)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)