Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s efforts to make a push for the playoffs took a hit during today’s game.
According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, he got caught up with Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey along the boards and had his leg twisted awkwardly. With Jokinen out and Evander Kane a little banged up but playing, the Jets’ uphill climb to get in the postseason is made that much tougher.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen has struggled a bit this season with just seven goals and 14 points in 44 games, good for eighth on the team in scoring.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)