Apr 20, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s efforts to make a push for the playoffs took a hit during today’s game.
According to Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun, he got caught up with Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey along the boards and had his leg twisted awkwardly. With Jokinen out and Evander Kane a little banged up but playing, the Jets’ uphill climb to get in the postseason is made that much tougher.
For what it’s worth, Jokinen has struggled a bit this season with just seven goals and 14 points in 44 games, good for eighth on the team in scoring.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 2
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)