Apr 20, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
Kovalchuk hasn’t played since suffering a shoulder injury on March 23 against those same Panthers and the Devils were worse for the wear because of it dropping 10 straight games following his injury. They broke their string of losses on Thursday night beating the Flyers 3-0. Coach Pete DeBoer says trade deadline acquisition Steve Sullivan will sit out to make room for him.
Even after missing 11 games, Kovalchuk is still second on the team in points with 27, just four behind Patrik Elias. What won’t surprise you is New Jersey’s offense has tanked out with him out of the lineup. The Devils are last in the league in goals scored with 99. And you wonder how they managed to lose 10 in a row.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17