Apr 20, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Kovalchuk hasn’t played since suffering a shoulder injury on March 23 against those same Panthers and the Devils were worse for the wear because of it dropping 10 straight games following his injury. They broke their string of losses on Thursday night beating the Flyers 3-0. Coach Pete DeBoer says trade deadline acquisition Steve Sullivan will sit out to make room for him.
Even after missing 11 games, Kovalchuk is still second on the team in points with 27, just four behind Patrik Elias. What won’t surprise you is New Jersey’s offense has tanked out with him out of the lineup. The Devils are last in the league in goals scored with 99. And you wonder how they managed to lose 10 in a row.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5