Apr 20, 2013, 2:04 AM EDT
Born in the Massachusetts town of Marlborough, which is just west of Boston, one could’ve excused Nashville Predators forward Bobby Butler if his mind wasn’t on Friday’s game.
As Nina Falcone of CSN Chicago reported, Butler and the Predators were listening to the national anthem before the drop of the puck against the Chicago Blackhawks, just as law enforcement officers in Watertown were apprehending Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the remaining suspect believed to be responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings.
“He was caught?” Butler asked following the Predators 5-4 overtime loss.
“I just got the chills. That’s good, that makes the day even better, except we didn’t get the win. But they found him.”
Butler scored the tying goal that sent the game into overtime and added an assist.
Due to the manhunt to find the bombing suspect, Friday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins at TD Garden was postponed and then re-scheduled for Saturday afternoon.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)