Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Calgary is going to have at least one familiar face back in goal next season.
The belief here is Calgary is bringing MacDonald back next season believing that this very well could be Miikka Kiprusoff‘s final season in the NHL. You might recall before the trade deadline there was talk of Kipper deciding not to be traded to Toronto because he was contemplating retirement. That now seems like that could be a reality.
MacDonald has played steady this year with average numbers, but better than those put up by Kiprusoff. Calgary has a few other options they could work with next season including Karri Ramo and Reto Berra.
Update (11:15 a.m. ET): The Flames make the signing official.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)