Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Calgary is going to have at least one familiar face back in goal next season.
The belief here is Calgary is bringing MacDonald back next season believing that this very well could be Miikka Kiprusoff‘s final season in the NHL. You might recall before the trade deadline there was talk of Kipper deciding not to be traded to Toronto because he was contemplating retirement. That now seems like that could be a reality.
MacDonald has played steady this year with average numbers, but better than those put up by Kiprusoff. Calgary has a few other options they could work with next season including Karri Ramo and Reto Berra.
Update (11:15 a.m. ET): The Flames make the signing official.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)