Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Calgary is going to have at least one familiar face back in goal next season.
The belief here is Calgary is bringing MacDonald back next season believing that this very well could be Miikka Kiprusoff‘s final season in the NHL. You might recall before the trade deadline there was talk of Kipper deciding not to be traded to Toronto because he was contemplating retirement. That now seems like that could be a reality.
MacDonald has played steady this year with average numbers, but better than those put up by Kiprusoff. Calgary has a few other options they could work with next season including Karri Ramo and Reto Berra.
Update (11:15 a.m. ET): The Flames make the signing official.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)