Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Calgary is going to have at least one familiar face back in goal next season.
The belief here is Calgary is bringing MacDonald back next season believing that this very well could be Miikka Kiprusoff‘s final season in the NHL. You might recall before the trade deadline there was talk of Kipper deciding not to be traded to Toronto because he was contemplating retirement. That now seems like that could be a reality.
MacDonald has played steady this year with average numbers, but better than those put up by Kiprusoff. Calgary has a few other options they could work with next season including Karri Ramo and Reto Berra.
Update (11:15 a.m. ET): The Flames make the signing official.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)