Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Calgary is going to have at least one familiar face back in goal next season.
The belief here is Calgary is bringing MacDonald back next season believing that this very well could be Miikka Kiprusoff‘s final season in the NHL. You might recall before the trade deadline there was talk of Kipper deciding not to be traded to Toronto because he was contemplating retirement. That now seems like that could be a reality.
MacDonald has played steady this year with average numbers, but better than those put up by Kiprusoff. Calgary has a few other options they could work with next season including Karri Ramo and Reto Berra.
Update (11:15 a.m. ET): The Flames make the signing official.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 62
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15