Apr 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames signed Markus Granlund to an entry-level contract, the National Hockey League club announced Friday.
It’s a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $925,000, including entry-level performance bonuses, as per the statement the Flames released on their website.
Granlund is Calgary’s second-round pick, 45th overall, from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. This was his third season with HIFK Helsinki in Finland. He also had a strong 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships for Finland this winter, scoring five goals and registering 12 points in six games.
The Flames also signed goaltender Reto Berra to an entry-level contract on Friday.
The Flames acquired the 26-year-old Berra – as well as Mark Cundari and a first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft – from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester two days prior to the league’s trade deadline.
Berra’s deal is one year at an average annual value of $1,381,250, according to another statement released by the Flames.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 6
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 16
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)