Apr 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
The Calgary Flames signed Markus Granlund to an entry-level contract, the National Hockey League club announced Friday.
It’s a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $925,000, including entry-level performance bonuses, as per the statement the Flames released on their website.
Granlund is Calgary’s second-round pick, 45th overall, from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. This was his third season with HIFK Helsinki in Finland. He also had a strong 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships for Finland this winter, scoring five goals and registering 12 points in six games.
The Flames also signed goaltender Reto Berra to an entry-level contract on Friday.
The Flames acquired the 26-year-old Berra – as well as Mark Cundari and a first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft – from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester two days prior to the league’s trade deadline.
Berra’s deal is one year at an average annual value of $1,381,250, according to another statement released by the Flames.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)