Apr 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
The Calgary Flames signed Markus Granlund to an entry-level contract, the National Hockey League club announced Friday.
It’s a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $925,000, including entry-level performance bonuses, as per the statement the Flames released on their website.
Granlund is Calgary’s second-round pick, 45th overall, from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. This was his third season with HIFK Helsinki in Finland. He also had a strong 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships for Finland this winter, scoring five goals and registering 12 points in six games.
The Flames also signed goaltender Reto Berra to an entry-level contract on Friday.
The Flames acquired the 26-year-old Berra – as well as Mark Cundari and a first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft – from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester two days prior to the league’s trade deadline.
Berra’s deal is one year at an average annual value of $1,381,250, according to another statement released by the Flames.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)