Apr 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames signed Markus Granlund to an entry-level contract, the National Hockey League club announced Friday.
It’s a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $925,000, including entry-level performance bonuses, as per the statement the Flames released on their website.
Granlund is Calgary’s second-round pick, 45th overall, from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. This was his third season with HIFK Helsinki in Finland. He also had a strong 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships for Finland this winter, scoring five goals and registering 12 points in six games.
The Flames also signed goaltender Reto Berra to an entry-level contract on Friday.
The Flames acquired the 26-year-old Berra – as well as Mark Cundari and a first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft – from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester two days prior to the league’s trade deadline.
Berra’s deal is one year at an average annual value of $1,381,250, according to another statement released by the Flames.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 9
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 68
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)