Apr 20, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
The Calgary Flames signed Markus Granlund to an entry-level contract, the National Hockey League club announced Friday.
It’s a three-year deal worth an average annual value of $925,000, including entry-level performance bonuses, as per the statement the Flames released on their website.
Granlund is Calgary’s second-round pick, 45th overall, from the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. This was his third season with HIFK Helsinki in Finland. He also had a strong 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships for Finland this winter, scoring five goals and registering 12 points in six games.
The Flames also signed goaltender Reto Berra to an entry-level contract on Friday.
The Flames acquired the 26-year-old Berra – as well as Mark Cundari and a first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft – from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester two days prior to the league’s trade deadline.
Berra’s deal is one year at an average annual value of $1,381,250, according to another statement released by the Flames.
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 0
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 9
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 85
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 79
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)