Apr 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Next season when we’re awash in six different outdoor games starting with the Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium, it’ll give hope to other places that they’ll soon have one of their own. One such place is Dallas.
Stars color analyst Daryl Reaugh tells the Dallas Morning News he believes with certainty the annual New Year’s Day game will happen in Dallas and at Cowboys Stadium no less.
“Mark my words today. There will be a game at Cowboys Stadium. There will be a game there,” Reaugh says. “I would say in the next three years there will be a game at Cowboys Stadium.”
You have to believe Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would be all about hosting an event that could draw well over 100,000 at his gigantic new stadium. The supersized video board over the field area would help those further away to see the game.
The catch here for a Winter Classic? The Stars have to be a team you’ll go out of your way to want to see. They’re not that kind of team right now. Three years down the road, like Reaugh says, we’ll see where they’re at.
There’s also the pesky Cotton Bowl which takes place around New Year’s Day at Cowboys Stadium as well. It’s tough to see college football getting bumped for hockey in Texas.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)