Apr 20, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
Next season when we’re awash in six different outdoor games starting with the Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium, it’ll give hope to other places that they’ll soon have one of their own. One such place is Dallas.
Stars color analyst Daryl Reaugh tells the Dallas Morning News he believes with certainty the annual New Year’s Day game will happen in Dallas and at Cowboys Stadium no less.
“Mark my words today. There will be a game at Cowboys Stadium. There will be a game there,” Reaugh says. “I would say in the next three years there will be a game at Cowboys Stadium.”
You have to believe Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would be all about hosting an event that could draw well over 100,000 at his gigantic new stadium. The supersized video board over the field area would help those further away to see the game.
The catch here for a Winter Classic? The Stars have to be a team you’ll go out of your way to want to see. They’re not that kind of team right now. Three years down the road, like Reaugh says, we’ll see where they’re at.
There’s also the pesky Cotton Bowl which takes place around New Year’s Day at Cowboys Stadium as well. It’s tough to see college football getting bumped for hockey in Texas.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)