Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
When Shane Doan re-signed with the Phoenix Coyotes for four seasons, many fans wondered why he didn’t take the chance of getting out of town. After all, ownership questions still exist and now the team is on the outside looking in on the playoffs after making the Western Conference finals last season.
Doan tells Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona that he’s happy to be where he is no matter what’s going on.
“I’m a big boy,” he said. “There’s no reason to feel sorry for me.”
His words sound a bit defeated, but the Coyotes are still very much in the hunt for the post season. They’ve got five games left to play and sit five points back of Columbus in 11th place in the West. Their biggest problem is dealing with Dallas and Detroit ahead of them as well.
Now if they can get that pesky ownership thing figured out without moving the team, that’d make for a nice pick-me-up if they miss the postseason.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (38)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)