Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
When Shane Doan re-signed with the Phoenix Coyotes for four seasons, many fans wondered why he didn’t take the chance of getting out of town. After all, ownership questions still exist and now the team is on the outside looking in on the playoffs after making the Western Conference finals last season.
Doan tells Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona that he’s happy to be where he is no matter what’s going on.
“I’m a big boy,” he said. “There’s no reason to feel sorry for me.”
His words sound a bit defeated, but the Coyotes are still very much in the hunt for the post season. They’ve got five games left to play and sit five points back of Columbus in 11th place in the West. Their biggest problem is dealing with Dallas and Detroit ahead of them as well.
Now if they can get that pesky ownership thing figured out without moving the team, that’d make for a nice pick-me-up if they miss the postseason.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)