Apr 20, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
When Shane Doan re-signed with the Phoenix Coyotes for four seasons, many fans wondered why he didn’t take the chance of getting out of town. After all, ownership questions still exist and now the team is on the outside looking in on the playoffs after making the Western Conference finals last season.
Doan tells Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona that he’s happy to be where he is no matter what’s going on.
“I’m a big boy,” he said. “There’s no reason to feel sorry for me.”
His words sound a bit defeated, but the Coyotes are still very much in the hunt for the post season. They’ve got five games left to play and sit five points back of Columbus in 11th place in the West. Their biggest problem is dealing with Dallas and Detroit ahead of them as well.
Now if they can get that pesky ownership thing figured out without moving the team, that’d make for a nice pick-me-up if they miss the postseason.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 11
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 10
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)