Apr 20, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The move was talked about after the Bruins lost to Buffalo on Wednesday and all signs indicated he would be sat down against Pittsburgh. This season, Lucic has just six goals and has just two goals in his last 26 games. For a former 30-goal scorer that’s really not getting it done.
Taking Lucic’s spot in the lineup is Swedish rookie Carl Soderberg who makes his NHL debut after arriving from Linkoping in the Swedish Elite League.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32