Apr 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
The Flames (and NHL as a whole) probably won’t be bothered too much by this plan because the hard-shooting defenseman has only managed to play five games this season. The 28-year-old spent time with Donbass in the KHL during the lockout.
Flames GM Jay Feaster circulated word that Babchuk was available via a trade, but he was unable to find any takers.
Babchuk’s best NHL seasons came when he scored 35 points in 72 games with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2008-09 and when he collected 27 points in 65 contests with the Flames in 2010-11.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10