Apr 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
The Flames (and NHL as a whole) probably won’t be bothered too much by this plan because the hard-shooting defenseman has only managed to play five games this season. The 28-year-old spent time with Donbass in the KHL during the lockout.
Flames GM Jay Feaster circulated word that Babchuk was available via a trade, but he was unable to find any takers.
Babchuk’s best NHL seasons came when he scored 35 points in 72 games with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2008-09 and when he collected 27 points in 65 contests with the Flames in 2010-11.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)