Apr 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
The Flames (and NHL as a whole) probably won’t be bothered too much by this plan because the hard-shooting defenseman has only managed to play five games this season. The 28-year-old spent time with Donbass in the KHL during the lockout.
Flames GM Jay Feaster circulated word that Babchuk was available via a trade, but he was unable to find any takers.
Babchuk’s best NHL seasons came when he scored 35 points in 72 games with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2008-09 and when he collected 27 points in 65 contests with the Flames in 2010-11.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)