Apr 19, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
The New York Rangers breezed to an 8-4 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, thanks largely to the five goals they scored in a span of two minutes and 58 seconds combined between the end of the first period and start of the second.
The Rangers’ fourth goal of the evening resulted in Sabres goalie Ryan Miller getting the hook at 1:13 of the second period. Jhonas Enroth came in, and allowed New York’s fifth goal of the night just 27 seconds after coming in for Miller.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40