Apr 19, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
The Devils can no longer say they’re winless without Ilya Kovalchuk.
New Jersey took out the Philadelphia Flyers 3-0 at Wells Fargo Center to snap a 10-game losing streak that began when Kovalchuk went down with a shoulder injury. Ryan Carter, Matt D’Agostini, and Adam Henrique all scored for New Jersey while Martin Brodeur won his 667th game with a shutout, saving 23 shots.
The win helps keep the Devils hopes of landing in the playoffs alive as they’re up to 42 points in the standings, six points behind the eighth place Rangers. That works out conveniently drama-wise as those two teams have two games remaining against each other. The first of those will be Sunday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC.
Philadelphia, meanwhile, is hard up against the brink of elimination. They’re seven points back of the Rangers with just four games left to play. A Rangers win tomorrow night against Buffalo would officially knock them out of the playoff race.
If you missed tonight’s game on NBCSN, here are the highlights.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34