Apr 19, 2013, 12:41 AM EST
The Devils can no longer say they’re winless without Ilya Kovalchuk.
New Jersey took out the Philadelphia Flyers 3-0 at Wells Fargo Center to snap a 10-game losing streak that began when Kovalchuk went down with a shoulder injury. Ryan Carter, Matt D’Agostini, and Adam Henrique all scored for New Jersey while Martin Brodeur won his 667th game with a shutout, saving 23 shots.
The win helps keep the Devils hopes of landing in the playoffs alive as they’re up to 42 points in the standings, six points behind the eighth place Rangers. That works out conveniently drama-wise as those two teams have two games remaining against each other. The first of those will be Sunday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC.
Philadelphia, meanwhile, is hard up against the brink of elimination. They’re seven points back of the Rangers with just four games left to play. A Rangers win tomorrow night against Buffalo would officially knock them out of the playoff race.
If you missed tonight’s game on NBCSN, here are the highlights.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)