Apr 19, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was ventilated for four goals on 14 shots against the New York Rangers on Friday night, and he was given a rather tough time from the hometown crowd.
He was pulled after the Rangers’ fourth goal, which came at 1:13 of the second period. Jhonas Enroth came off the bench to take over. Enroth surrendered a goal 27 seconds after the Rangers’ fourth goal, as New York built up a 6-0 lead. The two teams exchanged a total of seven goals in the middle frame.
Update: The Sabres lost the game by a final score of 8-4, and are now eliminated from playoff contention.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 43
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 37
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)