Apr 19, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was ventilated for four goals on 14 shots against the New York Rangers on Friday night, and he was given a rather tough time from the hometown crowd.
He was pulled after the Rangers’ fourth goal, which came at 1:13 of the second period. Jhonas Enroth came off the bench to take over. Enroth surrendered a goal 27 seconds after the Rangers’ fourth goal, as New York built up a 6-0 lead. The two teams exchanged a total of seven goals in the middle frame.
Update: The Sabres lost the game by a final score of 8-4, and are now eliminated from playoff contention.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)