Apr 19, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was ventilated for four goals on 14 shots against the New York Rangers on Friday night, and he was given a rather tough time from the hometown crowd.
He was pulled after the Rangers’ fourth goal, which came at 1:13 of the second period. Jhonas Enroth came off the bench to take over. Enroth surrendered a goal 27 seconds after the Rangers’ fourth goal, as New York built up a 6-0 lead. The two teams exchanged a total of seven goals in the middle frame.
Update: The Sabres lost the game by a final score of 8-4, and are now eliminated from playoff contention.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 8
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (118)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)