Apr 19, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was ventilated for four goals on 14 shots against the New York Rangers on Friday night, and he was given a rather tough time from the hometown crowd.
He was pulled after the Rangers’ fourth goal, which came at 1:13 of the second period. Jhonas Enroth came off the bench to take over. Enroth surrendered a goal 27 seconds after the Rangers’ fourth goal, as New York built up a 6-0 lead. The two teams exchanged a total of seven goals in the middle frame.
Update: The Sabres lost the game by a final score of 8-4, and are now eliminated from playoff contention.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)