Apr 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As the manhunt for the remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect continues, tonight’s NHL game between the Bruins and Penguins at TD Garden has been postponed.
The NHL says the game has been tentatively rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at TD Garden, starting at 12:30 p.m. (The game’s status will be formalized no later than 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.)
Meanwhile, the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Bruins were already forced to push back Monday’s game versus the Senators until next Sunday (April 28) — one day after the regular season was supposed to end — as a result of the bombings.
Boston is slated to host Florida on Sunday.
Also complicating matters is the NBA playoff series between the Celtics and Knicks. Basketball games are set for TD Garden next Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The Boston Red Sox have likewise postponed tonight’s game at Fenway Park “to support efforts of law enforcement officers.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)