Apr 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As the manhunt for the remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect continues, tonight’s NHL game between the Bruins and Penguins at TD Garden has been postponed.
The NHL says the game has been tentatively rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at TD Garden, starting at 12:30 p.m. (The game’s status will be formalized no later than 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.)
Meanwhile, the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Bruins were already forced to push back Monday’s game versus the Senators until next Sunday (April 28) — one day after the regular season was supposed to end — as a result of the bombings.
Boston is slated to host Florida on Sunday.
Also complicating matters is the NBA playoff series between the Celtics and Knicks. Basketball games are set for TD Garden next Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The Boston Red Sox have likewise postponed tonight’s game at Fenway Park “to support efforts of law enforcement officers.”
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35