Apr 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As the manhunt for the remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect continues, tonight’s NHL game between the Bruins and Penguins at TD Garden has been postponed.
The NHL says the game has been tentatively rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at TD Garden, starting at 12:30 p.m. (The game’s status will be formalized no later than 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.)
Meanwhile, the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Bruins were already forced to push back Monday’s game versus the Senators until next Sunday (April 28) — one day after the regular season was supposed to end — as a result of the bombings.
Boston is slated to host Florida on Sunday.
Also complicating matters is the NBA playoff series between the Celtics and Knicks. Basketball games are set for TD Garden next Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The Boston Red Sox have likewise postponed tonight’s game at Fenway Park “to support efforts of law enforcement officers.”
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 66
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (66)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)