Apr 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
As the manhunt for the remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect continues, tonight’s NHL game between the Bruins and Penguins at TD Garden has been postponed.
The NHL says the game has been tentatively rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at TD Garden, starting at 12:30 p.m. (The game’s status will be formalized no later than 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.)
Meanwhile, the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Bruins were already forced to push back Monday’s game versus the Senators until next Sunday (April 28) — one day after the regular season was supposed to end — as a result of the bombings.
Boston is slated to host Florida on Sunday.
Also complicating matters is the NBA playoff series between the Celtics and Knicks. Basketball games are set for TD Garden next Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The Boston Red Sox have likewise postponed tonight’s game at Fenway Park “to support efforts of law enforcement officers.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4