Apr 19, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As the manhunt for the remaining Boston Marathon bombing suspect continues, tonight’s NHL game between the Bruins and Penguins at TD Garden has been postponed.
The NHL says the game has been tentatively rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon at TD Garden, starting at 12:30 p.m. (The game’s status will be formalized no later than 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.)
Meanwhile, the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh, has been moved to Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Bruins were already forced to push back Monday’s game versus the Senators until next Sunday (April 28) — one day after the regular season was supposed to end — as a result of the bombings.
Boston is slated to host Florida on Sunday.
Also complicating matters is the NBA playoff series between the Celtics and Knicks. Basketball games are set for TD Garden next Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
The Boston Red Sox have likewise postponed tonight’s game at Fenway Park “to support efforts of law enforcement officers.”
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)