Apr 19, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
Friday (8 p.m. ET) — Dallas at St. Louis
Even after trading away Brenden Morrow, Jaromir Jagr and Derek Roy prior to the deadline, the inspiring Stars find themselves in a heated race with the Red Wings and Blue Jackets for the final playoff spot in the West. Dallas beat the Canucks, 5-1, last night at home. The Blues, meanwhile, are winning games — and that’s good — but they sure aren’t scoring many goals.
Saturday (12:30 p.m. ET) — Pittsburgh at Boston
The tentatively scheduled make-up game after today’s postponement. Hopefully, the manhunt is over and Boston sports fans can enjoy a potential preview of the Eastern Conference finals. Coming at this purely from a hockey perspective (which is basically impossible), the Bruins need to get their act together before the playoffs. They haven’t won in their last three, and there was even talk that Milan Lucic could be a healthy scratch against the Pens. Will B’s fans get to see Carl Soderberg for the first time?
Saturday (3 p.m. ET) — NY Islanders at Winnipeg
The Islanders have won seven of their last nine, but it won’t be easy at what should be an insane MTS Centre. Winnipeg is also hot, having won five in a row after a five-game losing skid that most thought had ended the Jets’ playoff hopes. A loss to the Islanders would, well, really hurt the Jets’ playoff hopes.
Saturday (10 p.m. ET) — Detroit at Vancouver
Red Wings fans will be staying up late for this one, as their team desperately needs to make up for Wednesday’s 3-2 loss in Calgary. The Wings have just three wins in their last 10 games, putting their 21-straight-playoffs streak very much in jeopardy. Detroit beat Vancouver handily in each of the teams’ first two meetings. With just one win in their last four, the Canucks are stumbling at the wrong time.
Sunday (3 p.m. ET) — New Jersey at NY Rangers
On NBC! The hard-luck Devils are pretty much done, but perhaps they could take some solace by spoiling the Rangers’ playoff dreams. The two teams play again next Saturday, also at MSG. (And also on NBC!)
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)