Apr 19, 2013, 12:16 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens came into tonight’s game on a three-game losing skid and one more poor performance from Carey Price from a full-blown meltdown in Quebec. Fortunately for them, they avoided further worrying tonight.
Brian Gionta scored a power play goal with 47 seconds left in the third period to give the Habs a 3-2 win over the Lightning. Gionta had two goals on the night while Alex Galchenyuk had one in between those tallies.
More importantly for Montreal tonight, Price stood tall stopping 32 shots out of 34.
During Montreal’s three-game skid, Price was getting run out of the building giving up three to the Penguins on Wednesday, six to the Flyers on Monday, and getting chased early last Saturday against Toronto giving up three goals on four shots.
A solid game tonight from Price and a win helps cool fans off who were ready to officially freak out. Seeing the Habs back in first place after ceding control for a day to the Bruins should help chill them out.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)