Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Longtime Los Angeles Dodgers manager and Baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda made some waves last night by snubbing Columbus’ Jack Johnson during the ceremonial faceoff prior to the Kings-Jackets game.
What’s more, the snub was intentional.
Those thinking the 85-year-old Lasorda simply forgot to acknowledge Johnson — after shaking Dustin Brown‘s hand — got clarification from Fox Sports West’s Patrick O’Neal during the game.
(FF to :40)
I have no idea if Lasorda is aware of Johnson’s history with Los Angeles but, for the sake of an awesome narrative, I’m going to pretend he does.
In a related story, the Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 last night, putting them undefeated on the year in games where Lasorda publicly disses the opposition’s alternate captain.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)