Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Longtime Los Angeles Dodgers manager and Baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda made some waves last night by snubbing Columbus’ Jack Johnson during the ceremonial faceoff prior to the Kings-Jackets game.
What’s more, the snub was intentional.
Those thinking the 85-year-old Lasorda simply forgot to acknowledge Johnson — after shaking Dustin Brown‘s hand — got clarification from Fox Sports West’s Patrick O’Neal during the game.
(FF to :40)
I have no idea if Lasorda is aware of Johnson’s history with Los Angeles but, for the sake of an awesome narrative, I’m going to pretend he does.
In a related story, the Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 last night, putting them undefeated on the year in games where Lasorda publicly disses the opposition’s alternate captain.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)