Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Longtime Los Angeles Dodgers manager and Baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda made some waves last night by snubbing Columbus’ Jack Johnson during the ceremonial faceoff prior to the Kings-Jackets game.
What’s more, the snub was intentional.
Those thinking the 85-year-old Lasorda simply forgot to acknowledge Johnson — after shaking Dustin Brown‘s hand — got clarification from Fox Sports West’s Patrick O’Neal during the game.
(FF to :40)
I have no idea if Lasorda is aware of Johnson’s history with Los Angeles but, for the sake of an awesome narrative, I’m going to pretend he does.
In a related story, the Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 last night, putting them undefeated on the year in games where Lasorda publicly disses the opposition’s alternate captain.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22