Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Longtime Los Angeles Dodgers manager and Baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda made some waves last night by snubbing Columbus’ Jack Johnson during the ceremonial faceoff prior to the Kings-Jackets game.
What’s more, the snub was intentional.
Those thinking the 85-year-old Lasorda simply forgot to acknowledge Johnson — after shaking Dustin Brown‘s hand — got clarification from Fox Sports West’s Patrick O’Neal during the game.
(FF to :40)
I have no idea if Lasorda is aware of Johnson’s history with Los Angeles but, for the sake of an awesome narrative, I’m going to pretend he does.
In a related story, the Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 last night, putting them undefeated on the year in games where Lasorda publicly disses the opposition’s alternate captain.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)