Apr 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Longtime Los Angeles Dodgers manager and Baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda made some waves last night by snubbing Columbus’ Jack Johnson during the ceremonial faceoff prior to the Kings-Jackets game.
What’s more, the snub was intentional.
Those thinking the 85-year-old Lasorda simply forgot to acknowledge Johnson — after shaking Dustin Brown‘s hand — got clarification from Fox Sports West’s Patrick O’Neal during the game.
(FF to :40)
I have no idea if Lasorda is aware of Johnson’s history with Los Angeles but, for the sake of an awesome narrative, I’m going to pretend he does.
In a related story, the Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 last night, putting them undefeated on the year in games where Lasorda publicly disses the opposition’s alternate captain.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)