Apr 19, 2013, 1:51 AM EST
The Blue Jackets headed into their game with the L.A. Kings tonight riding high after knocking off Anaheim last night. They wound up feeling frustrated after a missed opportunity.
Drew Doughty and Kyle Clifford scored goals for the Kings as they knocked off Columbus 2-1. Rookie Dalton Prout tallied his first NHL goal for the Jackets in a losing effort. 2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner Jonathan Quick stopped 20 shots to earn the victory.
It’s a sore loss for Columbus as they could’ve tied Minnesota for seventh in the West with a win. Instead, they’ve got three games left to play and have both Detroit and Dallas nipping at their heels two points behind with two games in hand each.
Columbus’ three final games are on the road in San Jose and Dallas while closing at home vs. Nashville. That game with Dallas might just be a really big one for them.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29