Apr 19, 2013, 1:51 AM EST
The Blue Jackets headed into their game with the L.A. Kings tonight riding high after knocking off Anaheim last night. They wound up feeling frustrated after a missed opportunity.
Drew Doughty and Kyle Clifford scored goals for the Kings as they knocked off Columbus 2-1. Rookie Dalton Prout tallied his first NHL goal for the Jackets in a losing effort. 2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner Jonathan Quick stopped 20 shots to earn the victory.
It’s a sore loss for Columbus as they could’ve tied Minnesota for seventh in the West with a win. Instead, they’ve got three games left to play and have both Detroit and Dallas nipping at their heels two points behind with two games in hand each.
Columbus’ three final games are on the road in San Jose and Dallas while closing at home vs. Nashville. That game with Dallas might just be a really big one for them.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54