Apr 19, 2013, 1:51 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets headed into their game with the L.A. Kings tonight riding high after knocking off Anaheim last night. They wound up feeling frustrated after a missed opportunity.
Drew Doughty and Kyle Clifford scored goals for the Kings as they knocked off Columbus 2-1. Rookie Dalton Prout tallied his first NHL goal for the Jackets in a losing effort. 2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner Jonathan Quick stopped 20 shots to earn the victory.
It’s a sore loss for Columbus as they could’ve tied Minnesota for seventh in the West with a win. Instead, they’ve got three games left to play and have both Detroit and Dallas nipping at their heels two points behind with two games in hand each.
Columbus’ three final games are on the road in San Jose and Dallas while closing at home vs. Nashville. That game with Dallas might just be a really big one for them.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)