Apr 19, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
The thinned-out Flames blueline will be even thinner on Friday night.
That’s because Dennis Wideman, the team’s leading defenseman scorer, will be out of the lineup with a broken finger and Chris Butler, who averages close to 17 minutes a night, is suffering from the flu.
In a related move, the Flames recalled Mark Cundari from AHL Abbotsford. Cundari, 22, was one of the pieces acquired from St. Louis in exchange for Jay Bouwmeester on Apr. 1.
Despite the makeshift roster, Calgary has actually played well of late, winning four of its last six and putting a serious dent in Detroit’s playoff chances with a 3-2 win on Wednesday.
That said, the Flames will likely face a stiff challenge tonight against a Ducks team that’s racked up nine goals in two games against them this season.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)