Apr 19, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
Thursday’s loss to the Kings was a tough blow for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Afterward, they got another one.
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch suggests the timetable could be 2-4 weeks.
Translation: Calvert could miss the remainder of the regular season.
Such a loss would be tough for the Jackets as Calvert, 24, has been a key contributor during their surprising playoff push. He has 9G-7A-16PTS in 42 games while averaging a career-high 14:11 per contest.
Here’s a good rundown of what Calvert’s brought to the Jackets, courtesy Fox Sports Ohio’s Dan Kamal:
Losing Calvert takes away a forward whose confidence and productivity have been skyrocketing.
And with his speed and relentless forechecking style, Calvert has been emerging as a legitimate game-breaking forward, one who has become a nightmare for opposition defenders, especially when he has been able to blast through the neutral zone at full speed.
Columbus has three games remaining this season: Sunday, Apr. 21 at San Jose; Thursday, Apr. 25 at Dallas and Saturday, Apr. 27 at home against Nashville.
At the time of writing, the Jackets sit eighth in the Western Conference with 49 points, two up on Dallas and Detroit.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)