Apr 19, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Thursday’s loss to the Kings was a tough blow for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Afterward, they got another one.
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch suggests the timetable could be 2-4 weeks.
Translation: Calvert could miss the remainder of the regular season.
Such a loss would be tough for the Jackets as Calvert, 24, has been a key contributor during their surprising playoff push. He has 9G-7A-16PTS in 42 games while averaging a career-high 14:11 per contest.
Here’s a good rundown of what Calvert’s brought to the Jackets, courtesy Fox Sports Ohio’s Dan Kamal:
Losing Calvert takes away a forward whose confidence and productivity have been skyrocketing.
And with his speed and relentless forechecking style, Calvert has been emerging as a legitimate game-breaking forward, one who has become a nightmare for opposition defenders, especially when he has been able to blast through the neutral zone at full speed.
Columbus has three games remaining this season: Sunday, Apr. 21 at San Jose; Thursday, Apr. 25 at Dallas and Saturday, Apr. 27 at home against Nashville.
At the time of writing, the Jackets sit eighth in the Western Conference with 49 points, two up on Dallas and Detroit.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)