Apr 19, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Thursday’s loss to the Kings was a tough blow for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Afterward, they got another one.
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch suggests the timetable could be 2-4 weeks.
Translation: Calvert could miss the remainder of the regular season.
Such a loss would be tough for the Jackets as Calvert, 24, has been a key contributor during their surprising playoff push. He has 9G-7A-16PTS in 42 games while averaging a career-high 14:11 per contest.
Here’s a good rundown of what Calvert’s brought to the Jackets, courtesy Fox Sports Ohio’s Dan Kamal:
Losing Calvert takes away a forward whose confidence and productivity have been skyrocketing.
And with his speed and relentless forechecking style, Calvert has been emerging as a legitimate game-breaking forward, one who has become a nightmare for opposition defenders, especially when he has been able to blast through the neutral zone at full speed.
Columbus has three games remaining this season: Sunday, Apr. 21 at San Jose; Thursday, Apr. 25 at Dallas and Saturday, Apr. 27 at home against Nashville.
At the time of writing, the Jackets sit eighth in the Western Conference with 49 points, two up on Dallas and Detroit.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 5
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 36
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 24
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)