Apr 19, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Washington forward Nicklas Backstrom returned to practice on Friday after being forced out of Thursday’s game against the Senators with an arm injury.
Backstrom, 25, was hit with a Mike Green shot and didn’t take a single shift during the final seven minutes.
“It caught him in the arm,” Green told the Washington Post following the game. “He’s all right but definitely gave him a bruise. So I hope everything’s okay with him.”
The Post reports Backstrom took part in all drills “without any hesitation” today, and should be ready for Saturday’s game in Montreal.
That news likely elicited a huge sigh of relief from the Caps.
Backstrom has been on fire as of late, often playing the role of primary set-up man as Alex Ovechkin moved atop the NHL’s goalscoring leaderboard.
The Swedish center has 44 points in 44 games this year and sits third in the NHL in assists, with 38.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)