Apr 18, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
Could the Islanders be going black-and-white after they move to Brooklyn?
But before anyone freaks out, probably just occasionally.
“The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn,” said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark, per Sports Business Journal. “The question is, can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”
Our best guess: the Isles will introduce a new third jersey to match their NBA arena-mates at the Barclays Center.
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 27
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)