Apr 18, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Could the Islanders be going black-and-white after they move to Brooklyn?
But before anyone freaks out, probably just occasionally.
“The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn,” said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark, per Sports Business Journal. “The question is, can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”
Our best guess: the Isles will introduce a new third jersey to match their NBA arena-mates at the Barclays Center.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)