Apr 18, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Could the Islanders be going black-and-white after they move to Brooklyn?
But before anyone freaks out, probably just occasionally.
“The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn,” said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark, per Sports Business Journal. “The question is, can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”
Our best guess: the Isles will introduce a new third jersey to match their NBA arena-mates at the Barclays Center.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)