Apr 18, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
Could the Islanders be going black-and-white after they move to Brooklyn?
But before anyone freaks out, probably just occasionally.
“The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn,” said Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark, per Sports Business Journal. “The question is, can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”
Our best guess: the Isles will introduce a new third jersey to match their NBA arena-mates at the Barclays Center.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 1
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 22
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)